Al-Khelaifi expresses "complete faith" in under-fire Emery
"He would have stayed at the club even if we had lost to Lorient," says the Paris Saint-Germain president. "He is one of the best coaches in Europe."
Paris Saint Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has publicly backed under-fire manager Unai Emery, who he described as “one of the best coaches in Europe” in an interview with Le Parisien.
“I have always said that I have complete faith in Unai Emery. He would have stayed at the club even if we had lost to Lorient,” said the PSG chief of his coach, who has been questioned by fans and in the media after a run of poor results since he took over at the Parc des Princes in the summer.
PSG got back to winning ways with a 5-0 drubbing of Lorient in midweek, which some media outlets had suggested may have been the end of Emery’s tenure had the result gone the other way. Emery’s side are five points behind leaders Nice and three adrift of second-placed Monaco after losing four Ligue 1 games so far this season.
In the Champions League, PSG finished behind Arsenal in the group stage and drew Barcelona in the last 16.
"Problem of motivation"
According to Al-Khelaifi, the club’s drop off in December is due to a “problem of motivation” among the players.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?