Al-Khelaifi expresses "complete faith" in under-fire Emery
"He would have stayed at the club even if we had lost to Lorient," says the Paris Saint-Germain president. "He is one of the best coaches in Europe."
Paris Saint Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has publicly backed under-fire manager Unai Emery, who he described as “one of the best coaches in Europe” in an interview with Le Parisien.
“I have always said that I have complete faith in Unai Emery. He would have stayed at the club even if we had lost to Lorient,” said the PSG chief of his coach, who has been questioned by fans and in the media after a run of poor results since he took over at the Parc des Princes in the summer.
PSG got back to winning ways with a 5-0 drubbing of Lorient in midweek, which some media outlets had suggested may have been the end of Emery’s tenure had the result gone the other way. Emery’s side are five points behind leaders Nice and three adrift of second-placed Monaco after losing four Ligue 1 games so far this season.
In the Champions League, PSG finished behind Arsenal in the group stage and drew Barcelona in the last 16.
"Problem of motivation"
According to Al-Khelaifi, the club’s drop off in December is due to a “problem of motivation” among the players.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump keen to invest $1 trillion
- Coronavirus A second stimulus payment is highly unlikely
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: green energy call from Democrats in next round of payments
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...