Madrid to play at the Sanchez Pizjuán twice in one week
The return leg of the Copa del Rey last 16 match will be played on Jan. 10,11 or 12. The same Sunday Madrid face Sevilla away in LaLiga.
Sevilla were the cup rivals drawn against Real Madrid for the round of 16 at the Spanish FA HQ in Las Rozas this morning
This means that Zidane's side will fave the Andalusian outfit twice in the same week with both games being played at Sevilla's Sánchez Pizjuán stadium.
Exact dates and kick-off times have yet to be confirmed for the Copa del Rey matches but the LaLiga game has been scheduled for the Sunday night (January 15) at 20.45 (CET).
Sevilla have only overcome Madrid in 3 of their 13 cup duels
The last time Sevilla managed to overcome Real Madrid in the Spanish Cup was back in the 1954-55 season. Their previous win over the team from the Spanish capital coming ten years earlier. One has to go back to 1917 for the first Sevilla win with the men from Andalusia over the side from Chamartin.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"