Ángel di María’s days at PSG could be numbered. The Argentina midfielder arrived at the Parc des Princes in the summer of 2015 but has failed to reach the same heights this season as he did in his debut year in Ligue 1, when PSG strolled to the title.
PSG have struggled domestically this season under new coach Unai Emery and are currently third in Ligue 1, with the side under pressure from the fans and the French media. The former Real Madrid and Manchester United midfielder has only managed three goals and seven assists this season, numbers that fall well below the standard he set in 2015-16.
Now, L’Equipe reports that Jorge Mendes, Di María’s agent, is studying the possibility of a move to the Chinese Super League, which is using its financial might to lure players of stature to the competition, as was the case last week when Oscar moved from Chelsea to Shanghai SIPG, with Carlos Tévez likely to follow suit. The French daily stated that Di María’s advisers “are closely watching the market in China,” after the player’s recent problems at PSG.
Since leaving Real Madrid in 2014, when he was a key part of the side that won the Champions League and the Copa del Rey under Carlo Ancelotti, Di María’s star has waned. He did not find his feet at Old Trafford and although PSG won the domestic treble they fell short in Europe and have failed to ignite this season in Ligue 1, while also losing out on top spot in their Champions League group to Arsenal, subsequently being paired with Barcelona in the last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"