The Chinese Super League is continuing to lure big-name footballers from across the world. After players including Hulk, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Jackson Martínez and the recent signing of Oscar have made the move to the CSL, Guangzhou Evergrande have now set their sights on Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan.
According to Turkish daily Fanatik, the club that broke the bank to land Hulk and is managed by Luiz Felipe Scolari is planning an audacious bid to land the Turkey international and is preparing an offer of 50 million euros.
Barça rebuffed approach last summer
Guangzhou made an attempt to sign Arda last summer after the midfielder’s irregular campaign at Camp Nou, where he was inactive for the first half of the season due to Barça’s ban on registering players and an infrequent member of the starting 11 after January. However, Barça refused to entertain the offer as they viewed the player as an investment for the future and this season that stance has paid off, with Arda scoring 10 times for the side so far in 2016-17, behind only Leo Messi and Luis Suárez.
The midfielder’s performances have served to reignite the interest of the CSL giants and although Guangzhou are aware that Barcelona won’t sanction a move in January, they are hoping to lure Arda in the summer with another succulent offer.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night