Scolari and Villas-Boas anxious to bring Pepe to China
Real Madrid are anticipating a Santiago Bernabeu exit for the Portuguese defender come June 30, 2017 when his current deal expires.
Real Madrid are now planning ahead fully aware that 33 year old defender Pepe is set to leave the club next summer when his current deal expires. The defender joined the LaLiga outfit from FC Porto in 2007 for a fee of 30 million euro and as of January 1, 2017 (as per the FIFA regulation) will be free to conduct negotiations with any interested suitor
Everything points to the Portuguese international embarking on a Chinese adventure with offers for his services from Guangzhou (coached by Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari) and Shanghai SIPG, who are being overseen by his compatriot Villas-Boas.
Negotiations not yet closed
Pepe and Real Madrid representatives have failed to secure an agreement after months of talks and the lure of a doubling in salary from the Chinese club's may prove too strong for any extension that Madrid may be willing to offer the player. Pepe was anxious for a two year extension with the club only prepared to offer a 12 month deal and though negotiations have yet to conclude everything points to an exit for the player next summer.
Pepe has played for Real Madrid on 327 occasions in his ten years at the club and is currently the third captain (after Ramos and Marcelo). The Brazilian born defender turns 34 next February.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 27 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category