Zubizarreta eyeing bold bid to bring Iker Casillas to Marseille
The former Barça sporting director, now at Olympique Marseille, is mulling a move for the Porto keeper, who has a contract at the club until 2018.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
Iker Casillas has emerged as an unlikely target for Ligue 1 side Olympique Marseille. According to RTL journalist Bertrand Latour, the French side are looking for a new keeper to join in the summer and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, who held the same post at Barcelona for five years, has put forward the names of youthful Toulouse stopper Alban Lafont and veteran Spain and Porto keeper Casillas.
Casillas under contract until 2018
Marseille will have to negotiate a fee with Porto for the former Real Madrid keeper, who is under contract at the Estádio do Dragão until June 2018.
The Ligue 1 outfit were recently taken over by American businessman Franck McCourt and big-money signings are expected to follow. The number one slot is seen by the club as a priority to refresh after the sale of long-serving Steve Mandanda to Crystal Palace and despite the good performances of 34-year-old Yohann Pele, Zubizarreta is keen on signing a new keeper for the 2017-18 season.
L'OM cherche un gardien pour cet été. Le nom de Lafont revient, Casillas sous contrat jusqu'en 2018 avec Porto cité également.— Bertrand Latour (@LatourBertrand) 25 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby