Zubizarreta eyeing bold bid to bring Iker Casillas to Marseille
The former Barça sporting director, now at Olympique Marseille, is mulling a move for the Porto keeper, who has a contract at the club until 2018.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
Iker Casillas has emerged as an unlikely target for Ligue 1 side Olympique Marseille. According to RTL journalist Bertrand Latour, the French side are looking for a new keeper to join in the summer and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, who held the same post at Barcelona for five years, has put forward the names of youthful Toulouse stopper Alban Lafont and veteran Spain and Porto keeper Casillas.
Casillas under contract until 2018
Marseille will have to negotiate a fee with Porto for the former Real Madrid keeper, who is under contract at the Estádio do Dragão until June 2018.
The Ligue 1 outfit were recently taken over by American businessman Franck McCourt and big-money signings are expected to follow. The number one slot is seen by the club as a priority to refresh after the sale of long-serving Steve Mandanda to Crystal Palace and despite the good performances of 34-year-old Yohann Pele, Zubizarreta is keen on signing a new keeper for the 2017-18 season.
L'OM cherche un gardien pour cet été. Le nom de Lafont revient, Casillas sous contrat jusqu'en 2018 avec Porto cité également.— Bertrand Latour (@LatourBertrand) 25 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move