Celta Vigo are in the market for a new forward after coach Eduardo Berizzo requested reinforcements up front – preferably someone who can play on the wing -- as well as a midfielder before the winter break.
AS Chile has reported that the Celta board have been in touch with Hoffenheim forward Eduardo Vargas, La Roja’s fourth-highest scorer and a player comfortable playing either as a striker or on the flank.
Vargas has made only five appearances for his club this season and is keen on a move, with Galatasaray seemingly his most likely destination. However, Berizzo is an admirer and Celta’s Chilean contingent of Fabián Orellana, Pablo Hernández and Marcelo Díaz are working to persuade their compatriot to swap the Bundesliga for Balaídos.
At 27 years of age, Vargas already has some experience of La Liga after turning out for Valencia in 2013-14 on loan from Napoli. Following a spell at QPR, also on loan, and scored twice in 24 appearances.
At international level, Vargas has banged in 32 goals in 66 games.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 27 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu