Homecoming for Xavi as Catalunya face Tunisia
The former Barcelona midfield general will play for the Catalan national side as they face Tunisia in a friendly game in Girona. 6 Espanyol players and 2 from Barça are in the squad.
All eyes in the Estadi Montilivi will be on Xavi Hernandez this evening as the former Barcelona legend returns to his native Catalunya as the Catalan national side face Tunisia in a friendly game in Girona (kick-off 18:45) with all 10.000 tickets in the compact stadium sold-out.
African Nations preparation
Tunisia, tonight's opponents for the Catalan side are fine tuning their preparation ahead of their participation in the forthcoming edition of the African Cup of Nations which kicks off in Gabon on January 14.
The North African side face a Basque country XI later this week at San Mames before friendlies against Uganda and Egypt ahead of their opening game at CAN 2017 with a tough opening Group B game against Senegal in Franceville (Gabon).
The Christmas holidays mean that many of the traditional big name players in the Catalan national side (Alba, Piqué, Busquets..) will miss the game in Girona as Xavi hands the captains armband over to former Espanyol player Sergio Garcia who will lead the line for the Catalan XI tonight in Montilivi.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw
- Inter Milan 1-2 Barcelona Ansu Fati becomes youngest ever Champions League goal scorer
- Manchester City Guardiola backs Foden to become heartbeat of City team
- Juventus Sarri wants Juventus to finish in style