Homecoming for Xavi as Catalunya face Tunisia
The former Barcelona midfield general will play for the Catalan national side as they face Tunisia in a friendly game in Girona. 6 Espanyol players and 2 from Barça are in the squad.
All eyes in the Estadi Montilivi will be on Xavi Hernandez this evening as the former Barcelona legend returns to his native Catalunya as the Catalan national side face Tunisia in a friendly game in Girona (kick-off 18:45) with all 10.000 tickets in the compact stadium sold-out.
African Nations preparation
Tunisia, tonight's opponents for the Catalan side are fine tuning their preparation ahead of their participation in the forthcoming edition of the African Cup of Nations which kicks off in Gabon on January 14.
The North African side face a Basque country XI later this week at San Mames before friendlies against Uganda and Egypt ahead of their opening game at CAN 2017 with a tough opening Group B game against Senegal in Franceville (Gabon).
The Christmas holidays mean that many of the traditional big name players in the Catalan national side (Alba, Piqué, Busquets..) will miss the game in Girona as Xavi hands the captains armband over to former Espanyol player Sergio Garcia who will lead the line for the Catalan XI tonight in Montilivi.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed