Maradona: "Di Laurentiis would sell his own wife..."
Speaking to Sky Italia, the Argentina legend held forth on Gonzalo Higuaín's transfer to Juventus: "In the old days we felt the shirt, now it's just money."
Diego Maradona has spoken out about the transfer of former Napoli idol Gonzalo Higuaín to arch-rivals Juventus. The Cosmic Barrel represented the Partenopei between 1984 and 1991 and resisted the advances of Juve during that time.
"Everbody chooses from the heart"
“Pipita had a miraculous season scoring 36 goals, but Di Laurentiis would sell his own wife. He saw that Juve needed a striker and he sold him. Everybody chooses from their heart, Napoli or Juventus: I chose the Azzurri, Pipita chose the Bianconeri. Times change. In the old days we felt the colours more, the shirt was more important than money.”
"Cristiano Ronaldo isn't in great form"
Maradona also spoke about the Champions League clash between his old side and Real Madrid and the threat posed by Cristiano Ronaldo: “I wish the game was being played today. Ronaldo is not in great form while Napoli are playing very well. They were unlucky to draw a tough opponent like Real Madrid and it will be a difficult tie.”
Madrid face Napoli at the Bernabéu on February 15 with the return leg at the San Paulo on March 7.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?