Full house at King Abdullah Sports City for Atlético friendly
There is a buzz in Jeddah ahead of the visit of LaLiga outfit Atlético Madrid as Cholo Simeone's men arrive in Saudi Arabia for a friendly game.
All 62.000 match tickets have now been sold as Atletico Madrid fly into Saudi Arabia for a friendly game against local side Al Ittihad on Friday. (kick off 18:45 CET)
8 times league winners
The "Tigers of Asia" as the Saudi side are known have won the domestic league on eight occasions and are currently coached by Chilean Jose Luis Sierra and are also one of the most popular outfits in the Asian country. The club celebrate their 90th anniversary in 2017.
Back in action
Atlético Madrid return to training this evening (19:00 CET) at their Majadahonda training camp as the team prepare for their visit to Jeddah and then next week's flight to Gran Canaria next week where they face local side UD Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?