PSG close to signing Cavani understudy Bernardeschi
Manchester United and Chelsea are also hoping to land the promising young Italian forward although the French side lead the chase.
Extra fire power
According to 'Goal.com', Paris Saint-Germain are close to signing a striker who will be able to allow them to rest Edinson Cavani every once in a while. Cavani has scored 18 goals in 17 games in Ligue 1 but technical staff feel the team is over-reliant on the Uruguayan and feel he needs an understudy so that he can be rested for less critical games.
PSG have earmarked Fiorentina's Federico Bernardeschi as the player to compensate when Cavani needs a breather. The 22-year-old is rated for being a goal scorer who plays and makes his team mates play. A good striker of the ball, Bernardeschi is also described as being pacey, talented, skillful with 'exquisite technique' - qualities which have attracted the attentions of Manchester United and Chelsea although reports suggest PSG have the edge on signing the player.
Nine goals this season
Bernardeschi has scored19 goals in 79 games for Fiore - nine of them this season
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early