Big clubs' interest in Jesé could complicate Las Palmas move
The Las Palmas president confirmed that two Italian clubs and one from the Premier League are pursuing the former Madrid player.
Las Palmas deal in the balance
Jesé Rodríguez's potential move from PSG to Las Palmas is looking less likely by the day, with clubs in Europe's top leagues recently showing an interest in the former Madrid striker's situation, particularly after the PSG president suggested last week the doors could be open for a deal in the January transfer window.
Until just a few days ago, the LaLiga club was in pole position to entice the player back to his hometown, but in the past few hours Milan, Liverpool and Roma have entered the fold and Las Palmas' hands could be tied with the financial muscle posed by the Italian and English clubs.
On Wednesday the Las Palmas president, Miguel Angel Ramirez, was realistic about the situation, as he told La Provincia: "Jesé Rodríguez is a great player and for us he is a special person. He wants to come here, but he belongs to PSG, and has wages are in accordance with his standing, which is very high. As things stand, we can't meet the salary demands of this type of player from one of the top clubs. He could come here if the circumstances are right and we're fighting to achieve this", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim