Ander Herrera's strange superstition tickles team mates
The Spanish midfielder told Manchester United's TV channel about his superstitious pre-match ritual which has his team mates rolling around in laughter.
A lot of footballers have superstitions or pre-match rituals, and Manchester United's Ander Herrera is one who takes it right to the very limit. He told the club's television channel MUTV about his talismanic shin pads - he wears the same ones he has owned since he was eight years old - even if they are a few sizes too small for him now. “I've got a great story about my shin pads; I use the same ones I've had since I was eight or nine”.
Obviously Herrera's lucky charm shin pads have become a source of great hilarity within the United dressing room. “All of my team mates laugh at me but it's one of my little superstitions…”
The Spaniard says he doesn't mind being ribbed by the rest of the squad about his kid's shin pads and says he has no plans to get a full size, adult pair. “I like playing with them and I'll continue to until they fall apart”.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim