Barcelona have the highest average LaLiga wage bill
The Barcelona squad are on a collective average wage of 7.1 million euros with Florentino Pérez paying his Madrid first team squad a total average of 6.3 million euros.
The FC Barcelona first team squad are the best paid in Spanish football according to the a survey conducted by sportingintelligence
The findings show that the Catalan club pay an average collective salary to their first team squad of 7.1 million euro which is more than eternal rivals Real Madrid who receive a salary an average of 6,3 million euro per season.
Atlético Madrid occupy third position on the podium with a figure of 3.2 million euro (per average) ahead of under performing LaLiga side Valencia whose first team squad are on a total sum of 2.2 million euro.
Two of the newly promoted sides Alaves and Leganes occupy two of the bottom three positions with a wage bill of €377.269 and €343.686 respectively.
LaLiga clubs spend a total of 771 million euro on salaries which works out an an average of 1.5 million per player.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim