What games will Lucas Vázquez and Mateo Kovacic miss?
Vázquez will be out for up to four weeks with a torn calf muscle while Kovacic will be sidelined for three weeks with sprained ankle ligaments, ruling them both out for most of January.
Real Madrid announced on Thursday (29 December) that Lucas Vazquez will be out for up to four weeks with a torn calf muscle in his right leg and Mateo Kovacic will be sidelined for three weeks with sprained left ankle ligaments.
Both players failed to return to training after the Christmas break on Wednesday after reporting the injuries, which – according to the club – were suffered in the Club World Cup earlier this month.
The two are now set to miss most of the busy January fixture schedule, listed below.
Real Madrid’s January fixtures
Wednesday 4 January: Real Madrid v Sevilla (Cup)
Saturday 7 January: Real Madrid v Granada (Liga)
Thursday 12 January: Sevilla v Real Madrid (Cup)
Sunday 15 January: Sevilla v Real Madrid (Liga)
Saturday 21 January: Real Madrid v Malaga (Liga)
Sunday 29 January: Real Madrid v Real Sociedad (Liga)*
*Mateo Kovacic could be available for selection for this game if his recovery goes as expected.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar