Strengthening the left-back slot
Real Madrid are targetting Faouzi Ghoulam as a possible reinforcement for the left-back position and plan to put in a bid for the Napoli defender next summer once they have served the FIFA transfer ban which prohibits them from signing anyone in next month's winter transfer window.
Coentrão set to move on
Last summer Madrid decided to recover Fábio Coentrão as an alternative option to Marcelo at left-back, but it looks likely that he will be moving on next summer despite being under contract until 2019.
Madrid have set set their sights on Ghoulam as back-up for Marcelo next season but they are not the only club who are interested in the player. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are lying in wait.
The 25-year-old's contract with Napoli is due to expire in 2018 and in Italy, reports suggest that Bayern are poised to scupper Madrid's attempts to sign the left-back by offering a four-year contract worth three million euros per season.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?