Luis Enrique has been informed of an injury to his goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen upon his return to work with Barcelona after the Christmas break. Marc-André ter Stegen's back-up injured himself during the Christmas holidays and will not be available for the bulk of January.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Cillessen suffered a calf muscle injury and will be out for up to three weeks with the injury. The Dutch goalkeeper had played in both Barcelona's Copa del Rey games against Hércules and would have most likely been given the chance to play against Athletic Club on Thursday, January the 5th and Wednesday, January the 11th in the same competition.
He will also most likely miss out on games against Villarreal, Las Palmas and Eibar. Barcelona will play five games in 17 days starting with the away clash against Ernesto Valverde's side and might need some squad rotation to make it through the difficult period.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?