Luis Enrique has been informed of an injury to his goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen upon his return to work with Barcelona after the Christmas break. Marc-André ter Stegen's back-up injured himself during the Christmas holidays and will not be available for the bulk of January.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Cillessen suffered a calf muscle injury and will be out for up to three weeks with the injury. The Dutch goalkeeper had played in both Barcelona's Copa del Rey games against Hércules and would have most likely been given the chance to play against Athletic Club on Thursday, January the 5th and Wednesday, January the 11th in the same competition.
He will also most likely miss out on games against Villarreal, Las Palmas and Eibar. Barcelona will play five games in 17 days starting with the away clash against Ernesto Valverde's side and might need some squad rotation to make it through the difficult period.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS LAFC boss Bob Bradley keen to push Carlos Vela to the limit
- US NEWS Unemployment Benefits: What has the White House said about the effects of ending payments early?
- COPA AMERICA Brazil v Colombia: Selecao out to secure top spot
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group D: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- BOXING What is Deontay Wilder's boxing record?
- VACCINE LOTTERY $1M Louisiana Vaccine Lottery: how to enter and sign up