Valencia: Prandelli slams broken promises over signings
Cesare Prandelli gave a press conference on Saturday explaining his reasons for his surprise departure from the struggling LaLiga outfit.
Ex-Valencia coach Cesare Prandelli has hit out at the club's broken promises over transfers in the wake of his sudden resignation as Los Che boss.
Prandelli stepped down on Friday after just eight LaLiga games in charge at Mestalla, with Valencia only one place above the relegation zone.
"Lim told me we'd have four signings"
"[Valencia owner] Peter Lim told me that we'd have four signings in January to strengthen," Prandelli told a press conference on Saturday.
"But on 29 [December] I was told I'd only have one and I had to say which in 24 hours," added the Italian. "If those are the conditions, I'd rather cancel my contract."
"We'd gone from four signings to one," he continued. "Something wasn't right.
Prandelli "left with a bitter taste"
"I'm very sad, because when a dream ends you're left with a bitter taste," said the 59-year-old of the end to his brief tenure.
"It was a difficult challenge, but I accepted it with strength and determination and I tried everything I could to improve the team."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?