Balotelli: Nice striker handed two-match ban for latest red

FRANCE

Balotelli: Nice striker handed two-match ban for latest red

Balotelli: Nice striker handed two-match ban for latest red

NICOLAS TUCAT

AFP

Italian striker Mario Balotelli has been suspended for two games for his red card in December's Ligue 1 draw with Bordeaux.

Mario Balotelli was given a two-match suspension on Thursday after being sent off in last month's 0-0 Ligue 1 draw at Bordeaux, his club Nice said.

Shown red card late on in stalemate

The Italian striker and team-mate Younes Belhanda - who was given a one-match ban - were dismissed in the dying seconds as Bordeaux frustrated the league leaders before the winter break.

Balotelli was given his marching orders for kicking out at Bordeaux defender Igor Lewczuk.

"It is a logical decision," Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivere, flanked by Balotelli and Belhanda, said after a disciplinary hearing in Paris.

Balotelli lashes out at Lewczuk.

Out of Lorient cup clash and Metz league game

The colourful Balotelli, who has had numerous run-ins with officials in the Premier League and in Italy, will miss his side's French Cup game against Lorient on Sunday and the visit of Metz in the league on 15 January.

Influential playmaker Belhanda is sidelined anyway with a toe injury.

0 Comments

Normas Show