Marseille fans reject idea of Didier Drogba reunion
The former Chelsea striker has been released by Montreal Impact and although the club are open to a return, fans are not: "Go back to China, cry baby."
Didier Drogba has been linked with both Marseille and Corinthians since being released by Montreal Impact but fans of the former have reacted angrily to the idea of the striker returning to the Stade Vélodrome after his season there in 2003-04.
"Go back to China cry baby"
During Saturday’s match against Monaco, home fans displayed banners warning Drogba that he would be far from welcomed with open arms back in Ligue 1: “Stop saying you love Olympique Marseille. You earn more in a month than we will in our whole lives. Don’t be a cry baby and go back to China.”
Corinthians have also expressed an interest in Drogba’s services but the Brazilian club believe a deal will be difficult to pull off due to time constraints. They have left the number nine shirt vacant just in case and Drogba’s former Galatasaray teammate Colin-Kazim Richards has been selling the club to the 38-year-old, whose representatives are currently in talks over a possible move.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?