Wigan and Northern Ireland's Will Grigg blamed for Old Trafford fire
A small fire broke out on Monday morning which was reported on Twitter but it wasn't long until other social media users remembered that Wigan had played there yesterday.
He's on-fire, but not really
Will Grigg is the 25-year-old footballer that became famous around Europe during the European Championships in France last summer. His fame arose mainly due to the very catchy song that Northern Ireland fans sang about him on their travels which was also endorsed by several other sets of supporters.
The song, to the tune of Freed from desire by Gala, goes: "Will Grigg's on fire, your defence is terrified..." and videos of fans singing it went viral. This was obviously still in some people's minds as they read a Twitter message on Monday morning regarding a fire at Old Trafford, home to Manchester United and where Grigg's club WIgan were playing on Sunday afternoon in the FA Cup.
Will Grigg played yesterday against Man United and now old Trafford is literally on fire 😂😂😂— Ryan OLeary (@ryanoleary13) 30 de enero de 2017
Old Trafford is on fire. Did Will Grigg get left behind after the match yesterday or something? 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣— Jon-T (@AchtungJono) 30 de enero de 2017
BREAKING: There's been a fire reported at Old Trafford just one day after Will Grigg was there. Coincidence? I think not— 90min (@90min_Football) 30 de enero de 2017
Old Trafford on fire.— Hayden. (@JayJayHaych) 30 de enero de 2017
Will Grigg must of got locked in yesterday. #OldTrafford
Good news and bad news
Unfortunately for Will, the home side were too strong and ran out 4-0 winners. On the plus side for the player, information has reached us that suggests he is not being investigated for arson.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Why are the 2021 Olympic Games called Tokyo 2020?
- OLYMPIC GAMES When are the 100m Olympic finals taking place?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles confirms she will be back for Team USA at the Games
- NEW YORK CITY Which New York City public pools are open for summer 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: why is the CDC recommending that vaccinated people wear masks indoors?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: Simone Biles, medal winners, athletes and results, 27 July