Bayern cite Carrasco as Douglas Costa's natural successor
Atlético see the Belgian as a promise for the future and recently handed him an improved contract but Bayern Munich want him as a replacement for Douglas Costa.
Despite the face that he is one of Bayern Munich's most profitable signings of recent years, Douglas Costa has has admitted that he is mulling over offers from Italy and Spain. The Brazilian's declarations have prompted Carlo Ancelotti and his technical team to analyze possible replacements should Costa leave. One of the best-placed candidates which Bayern are considering is Atlético's Yannick Carrasco. The Belgian is an especially attractive candidate as he is not a first choice under Diego Simeone.
Queue for Carrasco
Several other clubs are also keeping a close eye on Carrasco's situation - among them PSG and Arsenal. Atlético see the 23-year-old as a promise for the future and recently improved the terms of his contract - increasing his salary, amplifying the length of the agreement and boosting the buy-out fee. While the Rojiblancos are not thinking about cashing in on Carrasco, the player and his agents may look elsewhere if he gets offered regular playing time.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times