Cristiano and Morata have developed a real understanding
Resolute: Real Madrid uncorked Espanyol with a vintage Morata display. The productivity of the canterano was energising. He dominated the attack, despite being man marked by the Espanyol defence, had a great understanding with Cristiano and was rewarded with a goal. I give him a pass with honours.
Another Cristiano: Not scoring did not deflate his game. The Portuguese star threatened from the left and inside area with vigour and determination. His stats show four crosses and three shots. The best of his repertoire was the “elastic” nutmeg on David Lopez.
Government: The script was already written. Madrid had to break down an opponent who would park the bus. Kroos, with 95 passes, was at the heart of the offensive and Isco was the protagonist in attack. Zidane’s team completed 649 passes in total, his side’s highest figure in LaLiga.
Little ambition: Espanyol gave up on going forward and settled for a minor defeat. They never stretched themselves to the point of even stepping into the Madrid area. Hernán Pérez recorded his only shot at goal in the 62nd minute.
Mobility: Morata and Cristiano took advantage of their exchange of positions. If one was on the wing, the other invaded the box. An example of this was the Portuguese forward's chance on 68 minutes after Morata’s cross.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win