Ancelotti escapes punishment for showing fan middle finger
Italian coach Carlo Ancelotti will not be punished by the German FA for his middle finger gesture to a supporter following Bayern Munich's draw with Hertha Berlin on the weekend.
Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti has escaped punishment for giving a fan the finger in the wake of Saturday's 1-1 Bundesliga draw with Hertha Berlin, although he will make a donation to charity as an apology.
Ancelotti consequently submitted an statement to explain his behaviour and the DFB has now decided to close their investigation.
Ancelotti response an "emotional reaction" - Bayern Munich
"We regard Carlo Ancelotti's gesture in response to being spat at as an understandable emotional reaction," a Bayern statement reads.
"The DFB panel has accepted this position and will cease its inquiry.
"However, as an apology for his gesture Carlo Ancelotti will make a donation of € 5.000 to the DFB Foundation."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's the debt ceiling? Why is the debt ceiling important?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ten Hag denies interest as Henry enters frame
- Soccer Khalida Popal on the impact of the Taliban takeover on women’s football in Afghanistan
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's Benzema: "This club is my whole life"
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Herbert should electrify against Chiefs
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS Social Security Benefit: how to know if you are eligible for the maximum payment?