Building on the Sevillian success
Sevilla left-back Sergio Escudero was rewarded for his fine form this season with a new four-year contract, the Spanish club confirmed on Thursday.
"Sevilla and Sergio Escudero have reached an agreement that will keep the left-sided defender with the club from Nervion (Getafe) until June 30, 2021", Sevilla said in a statement.
Titles and international recognition
Escudero joined Sevilla from Getafe at the start of last season and helped the Andalusians to their third straight Europa League title in May. The 27-year-old also set up Sevilla's opener in a 2-1 Champions League last 16, first leg win over English champions Leicester City on Wednesday.
Escudero was called into the Spain squad for the first time by Julien Lopetegui in November, but is yet to make his debut for the national team.
Follow the coverage of Leicester-Sevilla | Champions League
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 23 de febrero de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win