Dani Ceballos has been in excellent form for Betis this season and has become a key element of Víctor Sánchez’s project at the Benito Villamarín, leading to admiring glances from LaLiga and across Europe. On Tuesday reports surfaced in Italy that Napoli are the latest club to be taking an interest in the 20-year-old midfielder and are said to be planning a bid this summer for the Spain junior international.
Ceballos €12m release clause
Ceballos has said on several occasions this season that he is focused on the current season and Betis took the precaution of extending his contract until 2020 last year. However, a minimum release clause of 12 million euros is an invitation to other club to test Betis’ resolve and the player was last season linked with a move away from Seville that overshadowed his progress on the pitch, something that both Ceballos and the club are keeo to avoid. The midfielder has shone under Sánchez, who replaced Gus Poyet earlier in the season, and has become an undisputed starter.
The upcoming European under-21 Championship in Poland in June will be another opportunity for Ceballos to demonstrate his progress and there will be plenty of scouts on hand to run the rule over Betis’ promising midfielder.