Marco Verratti is set to sue L'Equipe over a story that surfaced after PSG were knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona that claimed both Verratti and Blaise Matuidi visited a nightclub just two night before the kncokout game with Luis Enrique's side that they lost 6-1.
A signed statement from Carlo Alberto Brusa, Verratti's lawyer, confirmed the news on Thursday. The statement says that the article in question that said he was out on the town on March 6th brings into question his client's professionalism and that he was, in fact, at home with his wife and child on the night he was supposed to have been partying in Paris city centre.
Verratti's agent Donato di Campli previously warned the media that they should back off in their criticism of the player or he might consider his options in the near future. He says, "it is true that my phone never stops ringing."
Verratti has been incessantly linked with a move to Spain and the Italian manager, Giampiero Ventura said the midfielder is not happy in Paris. If he is indeed not happy, filing a lawsuit against the bigest sports newspaper in the country and attempting to ply your trade in the capital of that county might become an almost impossible task.
Follow Barcelona vs Valencia coverage | LaLiga Santander