Muguruza's coach: "Don't tell me to shut the fuck up ever again"
Spanish tennis player Garbiñe Muguruza was given a row by her own coach during her tough win over Christina McHale at the Miami OpenRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Garbiñe Muguruza had an emotional rollercoaster of a time in the third round at the Miami Open as she managed to save a match point before going on to win 0-6, 7-6 (8-6), 6-4 against Christina McHale. The Spaniard was on the point of tears on several occasions and was also given a severe ticking off from her coach Sam Sumyk.
Muguruza's coach reacts
The coach came down to the court, allowed under WTA rules, and told Muguruza: "Don't tell me to shut the fuck up ever again!" The player could only apologise for her previous outburst, repeating "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", to her coach.
Muguruza has had on court incidents with her coach previously. At Indian Wells last year, she broke down in tears and told Sumyk: "I don't want to play any more. Do you think I'm going to fight for this at 0-3 down in the second set?"
Shuai Zhang next up for Muguruza
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series