Button: Monaco return a dream for a racing driver
Speaking about his one-off return in Monte Carlo in place of Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button said: "That is just the dream for a racing driver."
Jenson Button has described his one-off return to Formula One at the Monaco Grand Prix as the "dream for a racing driver".
Button is McLaren's reserve driver but has previously declared himself retired after being replaced by Stoffel Vandoorne for the 2017 season.
However, he will step into the breach in Monte Carlo on May 28, filling the void with Fernando Alonso missing the race in order to compete in the Indy500.
Button: "I've done my time in Formula One"
And, speaking to Sky Sports, 2009 world champion Button said: "When the chance came to race in Monaco, I was going to take it.
"I don't want to be racing in Formula One for a whole season because I've done my time in Formula One, I've loved most of my career but it was time for me to have a break.
"But to come back for the Monaco Grand Prix, I mean that is just the dream for a racing driver; coming in for a one-off race, in Monaco, the most glamorous grand prix on the calendar, it's that excitement is back."
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby