Juventus have suffered a blow as Sami Khedira is expected to miss the Coppa Italia final due to injury, Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed.
The Germany international suffered a hamstring problem just 10 minutes into the second leg of the Champions League semi-final tie with Monaco on Tuesday.
Khedira out for Serie A finale and doubtful for Champions League final
Khedira insisted afterwards that the injury was "nothing serious" and it was hoped that he would be ready for the Coppa showdown with Lazio on May 17.
Allegri, however, says the midfielder will be sidelined for that game and the next two Serie A matches against Roma and Crotone.
He is also a doubt for the last league game of the season against Bologna and, crucially, the Champions League final against Real Madrid in Cardiff on June 3.
Khedira, a former Real player, has made 44 appearances in all competitions for Juve this season and is Allegri's second most-used player behind striker Gonzalo Higuaín.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"