FC Barcelona officially launched their new football kit on Monday morning which will be used in the coming season. The attacking trident of Messi, Suárez and Neymar were chosen to exhibit the items along with Andrés Iniesta and Gerard Piqué
The announcement comes on the back of the club's Copa del Rey win at the weekend and ahead of the expected unveiling of Luis Enrique's successor as manager, the belief being that it will be Ernesto Valverde.
Our new kit for the next season!— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) 29 May 2017
The shirt never sleeps.
🔵🔴 Força Barça! pic.twitter.com/NaixpxxKZp
Catalan flag and updated blaugrana please Neymar
One of the main differences in the shirt is that of the main sponsor. Rakuten, the Japanese giant of electronic goods, will take the place of Qatar. Other changes include an updating of the blaugrana colours and the inclusion of the Catalan flag around the collar. The words Força and Barça are also written on the inner sleeves.
Brazilian superstar Neymar Jr said as part of the promotion:
“Pulling on the new Barça kit for the first time creates a mixture of pride and optimism for the season ahead. It looks and feels like a modern uniform of sport.”
Barça kit available in June
The new kit will be available in the club store and other authorised vendors from 1 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United