Champions League final 2017
Cristiano: Champions League top scorer five years running
Cristiano Ronaldo came into the Uefa Champions League final 2017 with 10 goals to his name in the competition and knowing that he was one behind Barcelona's Lionel Messi. By the time the 63rd minute had finished, not only had Real Madrid's number seven equalled the Argentine's total, he'd surpassed it.
Top Champions League scorer since 2013
The Portuguese goal-machine's brace on the night took his tally to 12 and put him on top of the leaderboard for yet another year. In fact, Los Blancos' talisman has been the competition's leading marksman for the last five seasons. Prior to that, Messi had the accolade for the previous four campaigns.
12 European Cups for Real Madrid
On the night, it was Cristiano and his Real Madrid teammates that came out on top in a game that was billed the best attack versus the best defence, that of Juventus. The Italian giants had matched their Spanish opponents in the first half, possibly even edging it on chances created and pressure, But the second half saw Zidane's side pour onto Juventus, wave after wave, finaling finishing the job with four goals to one. The clubs 12th European Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?