Real Madrid have confirmed their first reinforcement for the 2017/18 LaLiga campaign. This morning it was announced that Jesús Vallejo has been advised to attend Valdebebas and join up with the first team squad in July as Zidane prepares ahead of the new season. The defender is expected to replace Pepe who has confirmed his departure from the Bernabeu but yet to confirm his destination.
Vallejo spent the last campaign with Bundesliga outfit Eintrach Frankfurt and he's expected to be joined by another loanee Marcos Llorente who impressed in his season with Deportivo Alaves. his incorporation is expected to be confirmed by Madrid later this week.
Vallejo travels to Poland this Thursday as the Spanish U-21 side start their Under 21 Euro 2017 Group A campaign with a match against Macedonia in Gdynia on Sunday. The 20 year old Vallejo was signed from Real Zaragoza on a six year old deal. He remained at La Romareda for a season before spending the past campaign season in Germany.
Vallejo will also receive an official Santiago Bernabeu presentation upon return form the Euro Under 21 campaign depending on Spain's progress or upon return from the tour of the US at the beginning of the month of August.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win