Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Spain: A Bola reports
According to the Portuguese outlet, their national hero has made the decision to leave Real Madrid following the accusations of fraud that have been made against him.
There was a huge claim made in Portugal on Friday morning: Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Spain.
Real Madrid without Cristiano Ronaldo
A Bola, the Lisbon based sports paper, announced what could be earth-shattering news for fans of Los Blancos who could not envisage their number seven leaving the club, even at the age of 31. Ballon d'Or winner, goal-scoring record breaker and more often than not the key to winning LaLiga and the Champions League in the past season, Cristiano has adapted his game to become a new threat to opponents. But this could be a thing of the past if the reports are to be believed.
"Irreversible decision to leave"
The reason stated for this decision is that Ronaldo is incensed with the tax authorities investigation into financial misdemeanors. He has been accused by Spanish prosecutors of defrauding the country of nearly 15 million euros from his image rights. This anger has led the star to look at a move away from Spain, with A Bola saying that he has already communicated this fact to Madrid president Florentino Pérez, and that it is "irreversible".
This news comes just three days after the public prosecutor in Madrid made the accusations about the player's use of offshore accounts for tax evasion.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win