LaLiga chief: "I'm sure Cristiano is innocent"
Javier Tebas was under no illusions about the recent accusations of tax fraud involving the Madrid striker: "From what I've read, I'm sure that no crime has been committed," he said.
The LaLiga president, Javier Tebas, reiterated his strong belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is innocent in the accusations by Spanish prosecutors that he defrauded Spain's Tax Authorities of 14.7 million euros.
"I'm positive Cristiano is innocent"
Javier Tebas spoke to Spanish TV channel La Sexta during the LaLiga Promises tournament, played in Villarreal (Castellón). "Knowing those around him, and how professional they are, I'm positive that Cristiano is innocent. We live at a time when any news about Spain's Tax Office means everyone is a fraudster. I'm sure he's innocent. From what I've read, I'm sure he hasn't committed any crime," he said.
"It would be a massive loss"
The LaLiga chief also assessed the potential impact of Cristiano's exit. "You can't measure it, but it would be huge, and more so on the international growth of La Liga. It would be a massive loss for us; an irreparable loss," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?