The end of the 2016/17 campaign seems only weeks ago but already managers, players and fans of Bundesliga clubs are itching to know who their side will start next season against. And the league organisers have provided the answers.
Bundesliga 2017/18 fixtures announced
On the morning of 29 June 2017 the 2017/18 fixtures were revealed along with most of the decisions on when the games will be played each weekend. Ever wonder how the organisers at the Bundesliga sort out the fixtures? Let them explain themselves.
When does the Bundesliga season 2017/18 start?
The new league season will kick off on 18 August 2017 and will run until 12 May 2018 with the DFB Cup final on the 19 May 2018. As is now customary, last year's league champions and the winners of the DFB Cup will open up proceedings with the German Super Cup which will take place on 5 August.
Who are favourites for the Bundesliga title?
As expected Bayern Munich are clear odds on favourites to win their sixth title in a row. At the time of writing they were 1/5. Borussia Dortmund are the only team given any slither of a chance at 5/1 with last year's surprise package, RB Leipzig, third favourites at a distant 20/1.
At the other end, the bookies expect Stuttgart and Wolfsburg to have tough seasons. But a good transfer window can change a lot.
What were the opening fixtures in the 2016/17 season?
The last campaign saw German giants Bayern Munich set out their championship credentials with a 6-0 drubbing of Werder Bremen at home. Will we see a repeat of any of these fixtures?
Te recomendamos en English
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Kobe Bryant tragedy: "Heartbroken" LeBron James breaks silence
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Lakers-Clippers clash postponed by NBA after Kobe Bryant death
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon