Vitolo renews with Sevilla for five more years
Sevilla's club president, Angel Haro confirmed the news as Vitolo will sign a new five year deal to keep him with the Andalusian outfit until 2022.
It seems as though Vitolo to Atletico Madrid is dead in the water as Sevilla president Angel Haro confirmed that Vitolo will sign a new five year deal to keep him at the club until 2022. The club were keen to accelerate negotiations to ensure Eduardo Berizzo has him for next season and to keep him out of the clutches of Diego Simeone's side.
Vitolo will renew until 2022 and a release clause will be placed in his new contract that ensures he won't be leaving the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan for anything less than €50 million. The player's salary has improved drastically too due to the renewal.
Diego Simeone was intent on bringing the panish international to Atletico despite the Colchoneros having a transfer ban in place. A loan deal to Las Palmas was mooted but the delay in completing the deal has allowed Sevilla to out-manoeuvre Atletico.
The club presented Pizarro and Banega on Monday afternoon and the president said he was delighted that Vitolo would renew and wear the red and white of Sevilla for another five years.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?