Barça players to wear 'Barcelona' instead of their names
The Catalan giants will pay tribute to the victims of the terror attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils on Sunday against Betis. They will also wear #TotsSomBarcelona, #WeAreAllBarcelona.
Every Barça player will wear 'Barcelona' on the back of their shirt instead of their name this Sunday, in their opening LaLiga fixture against Real Betis at the Camp Nou (20:15 CEST), in tribute to the victims of Thursdays terror attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils.
Barcelona request to pay tribute to the victims
According to a statement from the club, this homage is possible thanks to a request from the club which was exceptionally approved by the Spanish Football Federation.
The players will also wear the phrase #TotsSomBarcelona, #WeAreAllBarcelona, on the front of their shirts, a move that was authorised by LaLiga. The slogan will be placed between the club badge and the logo of the kit manufacturer.
Minute's silence in LaLiga for the victims of the Barcelona terror attacks
As at all LaLiga games this weekend, a minute's silence will be held for the victims before the game. The Barcelona players will also all wear a black armband.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?