Neymar launches counter-claim against Barcelona over bonus
The Paris Saint-Germain forward is demanding his contract-renewal bonus in full from Barça, who this week revealed they are suing him.
Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar has filed a counter-claim to FIFA over the payment of a signing-on bonus agreed as part of his final contract renewal with Barcelona.
Neymar after bonus in full, Barcelona suing him for first instalment
The Brazilian forward, who left Barça for PSG for a world-record 222m euros earlier in August, is demanding Los Azulgranas hand over the 26-million-euro bonus included in the five-year deal he penned in October 2016.
Neymar "has initiated formal procedure for collection" of bonus
N&N Consultoría, the company that represents Neymar, reacted by issuing a statement confirming his "formal defence will be filed in due course".
"In relation to the bonuses owed as a result of the signing of the contract in 2016, contractually binding and declared unpaid by FC Barcelona, the sportsman has initiated the formal procedure for collection via the relevant body," N&N added.
Neymar's camp says the 26m euros should have been paid in full by 31 July.
Neymar claim "being looked into", says FIFA spokesperson
A spokesperson for FIFA, world football's governing body, has said that the PSG footballer's claim against Barcelona "is being looked into".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?