You're reading

Dembélé's Barcelona move "on the way", says Dortmund CEO

BARCELONA

Dembélé's Barcelona move "on the way", says Dortmund CEO

Dembélé Barcelona move "on the way", says Dortmund CEO

PATRIK STOLLARZ

AFP

Hans-Joachim Watzke says Ousmane Dembélé's switch is not finalised, despite reports of a deal between Barça and Borussia Dortmund.

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has told a press conference that talks are ongoing over Ousmane Dembélé's proposed move to Barcelona.

On Thursday, Barça were reported to have agreed a fee of 120 million euros plus 30 million in add-ons for the 20-year-old France international winger.

Watzke: "We're on the way, but we haven't reached the end"

Indeed, it had been suggested in the German media that Dembélé's transfer to the Camp Nou could be confirmed on Friday lunchtime, but Watzke said: "We are on the way, but we haven't reached the end yet.

"If Dembélé were to leave, it would weaken the team," he added.

Barça have targeted the ex-Rennes player, who joined the Bundesliga club last summer, as they bid to replace Neymar in the wake of the Brazilian's 222-million-euro switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

Dembélé has been suspended by Borussia Dortmund since earlier in August after skipping training in an apparent attempt to force through his departure.

0 Comments

Normas Show