Renato Sanches close to joining Swansea on loan from Bayern
The Portuguese midfielder has not broken through for Ancelotti's side, and looks set for a reunion with Paul Clement in South Wales.
Renato Sanches is close to joining Premier League club Swansea City on a season-long loan, according to the BBC.
Sanches failed to break through at Bayern
The Portuguese midfielder joined Bayern Munich in the summer of 2016 for €35m, yet failed to cement a place in Carlo Ancelotti's midfield.
A move to Swansea would represent a reunion with Paul Clement. The Swansea manager was Ancelotti's assistant at Bayern until taking over in South Wales earlier this year.
Milan and Juventus among those to have shown an interest
Clubs from across Europe have formed a queue to sign the 20-year-old, who impressed as Portugal won the 2016 European Championship in France. AC Milan, Juventus, and Liverpool all showed an interest, yet it is Swansea, a somewhat unlikely candidate, that has emerged at the front. The promise of a key role and the relationship with Clement appears to be key.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?