Kiko Casilla handed first start in 160 days; Luca on the bench
Keylor Navas isn't even on the bench. The reserve keeper against Levante is Luca Zidane. Casilla's last game was the 0-4 win over Granada on 6 May.
As expected, Kiko Casilla's name appeared on the starting XI list for the first time in four months for today's visit from LaLiga newcomers Levante. The keeper's last game for Real Madrid was on 6 May - he kept a clean sheet in the 0-4 win over Granada - one of the six games in which he didn't concede at all last season.
Casilla's first game at the Bernabéu since April
Casilla is now in his third season at Madrid; this season, he in a different position to last year's campaign in which he started the European Super Cup final and the first six league games while Keylor was out injured. He ended the campaign having made 19 appearances and averaging 2.58 saves per match. His last game at the Bernabéu was the 3-0 win over Alavés on 2 April when there was still an ongoing debate about whether he or Keylor should be the team's first choice between the sticks. On the subs' bench today is Luca Zidane who is free as Real Madrid Castilla play tomorrow, away at Deportivo B...
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?