Memphis Depay: "I think I'll end up playing for Real Madrid"
The former Manchester United winger, now at Olympique Lyon, has a vision for the future: "That is my objective," he stated.
Memphis Depay has laid out his vision for the future and stated his aim to one day wear the white shirt of Real Madrid. The 23-year-old winger is currently at Lyon after a brief and underwhelming spell at Manchester United, who he joined in 2015 for a fee of 34 million euros from PSV.
Depay keen on move to the Bernabéu
However, things did not work out particularly well for the Netherlands international at Old Trafford and he was moved on in the January transfer window this year for an initial fee of around 20 million euros with United inserting a buy-back clause into the deal.
Depay, though, has his sights set elsewhere and after chalking up eight goals and 11 assists in 27 appearances so far for Lyon he told fan website The PSV Supporter precisely what they are: “I think I will end up playing for Real Madrid. That is my objective. Only God knows if that will happen and he will help me.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Osaka taking it "one notch at a time" after beating Golubic
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online