Valencia's Zaza says Messi doesn't count for top-scorer table
Valencia striker Zaza has had a fine start to the season, scoring eight goals, with the latest coming today against Sevilla.
Valencia striker Simone Zaza was on target again today as his side demolished Sevilla 4-0, meaning the Italian striker has now hit the back of the net eight times in a prolific start to the season. He's three behind Messi, who will the opportunity to inflate his account against Michel's Málaga tonight.
Zaza leading the top-scorer charts, according to him
But according to Zaza he's basically leading the Liga top-scorer charts, because Messi "doesn't count". As reported by Super Deporte, Zaza said: "Messi doesn't count. To me he is the best. He and Cristiano Ronaldo, who is not scoring as much as he usually does in LaLiga. But Messi doesn't count, so if by the end of the season I'm second in the scoring list, I'll talk to LaLiga and ask for a prize".
Villarreal's Cedric Bakambu is now in third, on seven goals, with his side in action against Las Palmas tomorrow. Cristiano Ronaldo is going through a drought, with just one goal in four league games (after his early season suspension).
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?