Kun Agüero to leave Manchester City for Independiente 2019
The Argentina striker has said that he wants to return to his boyhood club when his contract expires, but also has the option of one more year.
Sergio Agüero has revealed he plans to leave Manchester City when his contract expires in the summer of 2019 to return to Argentina with his boyhood club Independiente.
The Argentina international arrived at City in 2011 from La Liga side Atlético Madrid, having started his professional career with the Buenos Aires-based club at the age of 15.
During his six years at the Etihad Stadium, the 29-year-old has been prolific in front of goal and recently surpassed Eric Brook's tally of 177 goals to become the club's record scorer.
Agüero: "The idea was always to go back to Independiente"
"It came out that Milan and Real Madrid wanted me and - I don't know where I read it - but they said, 'They just spoiled Independiente's dream'," Aguero told reporters.
"But the idea was always to go back to Independiente when my contract with City runs out in 2019. I have an option to extend one more year with City, where it's the priority but it's always an option."
Aguero is currently on international duty as Argentina prepare for friendly games against Russia on Saturday and Nigeria three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times