Coleman keen for Bale to remain in LaLiga
Wales boss Chris Coleman says that Gareth Bale, who could be on his way out of Real Madrid in the summer over his continued injuries, should play "wherever he's going to be happy" - but admitted he'd like the winger to remain in Spain. "If I'm going to be the Welsh manager for two more years, or four more years, I'd like to see him stay at Real," he explained on Monday. "Okay, he's picked up a lot of injuries but generally the Premier League is much tougher than LaLiga in terms of the physicality."
Real Madrid set sights on derby against Atlético
In Monday's opening training session of the week at Valdebebas, Real Madrid began to step up their preparations for the derby against Atlético Madrid on Saturday. With a raft of first-teamers still away on international duty, Kiko Casilla, Theo Hernández, Dani Carvajal, Marcos Llorente, Lucas Vázquez and Karim Benzema trained alongside members of the Castilla and Under-19s squads.
Cristiano back to work after daughter's birth, Isco given day off
Cristiano Ronaldo did work in the gym at Real's training ground, a day after becoming a father for the fourth time. The striker's girlfriend, Georgina Rodríguez, gave birth to baby daughter Alana Martina on Sunday. Meanwhile, Isco - who is optimistic of facing Atlético despite picking up a knock in Spain's win over Costa Rica on Saturday - had the day off with coach Zinedine Zidane's permission. Bale, Luca Zidane, Keylor Navas and Mateo Kovacic continued their recoveries from injury.
A Alana Martina acaba de nascer! Tanto a Geo como a Alana estão muito bem! Estamos todos muito felizes! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/nMT4rYc32U— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) 12 November 2017
Juventus reportedly eyeing Dani Ceballos loan
Serie A champions Juventus are keen on taking Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos on loan in the January transfer window, according to Tuttosport. The Italian sports daily also claims that AC Milan are keeping tabs on the 21-year-old Spaniard, who moved to the Bernabéu from Real Betis in the summer.
On this day...
On 13 November 1955, Real Madrid earned a dramatic 2-1 LaLiga victory over arch rivals Barcelona, thanks to a late goal by Marquitos - the grandfather of Chelsea's Marcos Alonso. Los Blancos, who went on to finish third in the league, took a first-half lead at the Bernabéu through Héctor Rial, before Eduardo Manchón levelled for Barça with 15 minutes remaining. However, Marquitos's last-gasp header won it for Real.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?