Moratti: "Mourinho regretted moving to Real Madrid"
The former Inter chief explained how the Portuguese's move to Madrid came about: "Pérez was waiting for him in a car after the Champions League final."
Massimo Moratti has explained in an interview how Real Madrid managed to prise José Mourinho away from Inter Milan in 2010.
The Portuguese’s Inter side had just beaten Bayern Munich 2-0 to win the 2009-10 Champions League final, a game that took place at the Bernabéu.
"Mou said he was going to a business, not a family"
“The way it was conducted was not the best,” the former Inter owner said during an interview with Guerin Sportivo. “Florentino Pérez was waiting for Mourinho in a car outside the Bernabéu after the final. He had just won the title. Mou regretted it even before he had made the move. He talked to me about it in Milan just afterwards. He said he was going to a business, not a family. He told me later that if he could have done he would have preferred to stay at Inter. But you can’t keep people prisoner.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win