Melilla beat San Fernando in Cádiz shirts after plane issue
The aircraft carrying UD Melilla to Andalusia was too heavy at take off, meaning the side had to leave kits and equipment behind. Cádiz stepped in to help.
Segunda B is a division that always throws up curious anecdotes and on Sunday it was UD Melilla who provided one when they travelled to play San Fernando in Group VI of the third tier.
Due to the team’s plane being too heavy to take off from the airport in Melilla, the squad were forced to leave their kits and physio equipment behind. When they arrived in Andalusia, Cádiz, who have a strong relationship with Melilla, stepped in to help by lending them their away strips from last season for the game – pink shirts and yellow shorts.
The situation wasn’t so unusual for two of Melilla’s players, Juanma Espinosa and Richard Boateng, who played for Cádiz and Cádiz B in 2014-15 and 2011-12 respectively.
The loan shirts were clearly lucky for the visitors, who snapped a four-game losing streak with a 2-0 victory in the Estadio Iberoamericano.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?