Shearer on Kane: "He is obsessed with scoring goals"
Alan Shearer is adamant he will be surpassed by Harry Kane, who matched his Premier League record for most goals in a calendar year.
Alan Shearer said with confidence that Harry Kane will break his Premier League record as he raved about the free-scoring Tottenham star.
Kane matched Shearer's record of 36 Premier League goals in a calendar year with a hat-trick in Tottenham's 3-0 victory over Burnley on Saturday.
The 24-year-old has the chance to set a new benchmark in Tottenham's hosting of Southampton on Boxing Day – Spurs' final match of 2017 – and Shearer is adamant he will be surpassed by the England forward.
"He'll do it, he'll do it. He is obsessed with scoring goals," Shearer – who set the record in 1995 during his time with Blackburn Rovers – told BBC's Match of the Day.
"The hunger to get on the ball and put the ball in the back of the net, he's full of confidence and everything about him is class. He is brilliant.
"I remember saying a few years ago, we were covering an FA Cup tie, then he was worth £90 million. Now, it's more than double that."
Kane leads the Premier League in scoring, alongside Liverpool's Mohamed Salah, with 15 goals this season.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In