Mourinho moans: "The 300M euros I spent isn't enough..."
"We conceded three shit goals", Mou said after today's 2-2 home draw to Burnley. He also took a swipe at City: "They are buying defenders at the price of strikers".
José Mourinho had a few things to say to the press after his Manchester United side salvaged a draw against Burnley in today's Week 20 meeting at Old Trafford. A few eyebrows were raised when the coach admitted that the 300 million pounds (almost 340 million euros) that United spent on galvanizing the team was not enough if his team is going to be a match for neighbours, Manchester City.
United conceding to many stupid goals
It hasn't been am especially happy Christmas for United who have drawn their last two league games and were dumped out of the EFL Carabao Cup by Bristol City over the festive period: "The players are doing what they can, they're doing fine but the problem with the first half is that we conceded another goal. Eight points from a possible 15? In the last two games we made 15 chances and let in three sh*t goals", Mourinho told the press. "When you are talking about the responsibility to win the Premier League, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham don't have it. We always have it because of the history of this club".
Mourinho also allured to the economic power which neighbours Manchester City have which he feels gives Guardiola's team an advantage: "300 million pounds isn't enough to compete with them - they're buying defenders for the price of strikers. We are in the second year of trying to rebuild a team which as you know is not one of the best in the world. The prices that the big clubs can pay is different to what other clubs can afford to pay", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win